Call 888.847.4449 to learn more about SLM’s Composting Service; become sustainable and save money in the process!
Composting is actually a highly sustainable method of disposing organic waste that not only benefits the environment, but can also benefit your company’s checkbook.
What is composting?
Composting is the practice of taking one’s organic waste such as discarded fruits, vegetables, and grass clippings, and separating them from the waste stream. This recycles them into a new, highly nutritious soil. This is a natural process, which happens because the organic waste decomposes just like the discarded materials would were they to be in nature.
What makes it sustainable?
First of all, composting can be accomplished fairly easily. All it takes is a separate container for your organic waste to get started. More importantly, the organic nature of the process ensures that there is no negative impact on the environment. Composting is especially helpful in reducing the amount of waste that ends up in landfills and waterways, as 30% of waste streams tend to be compostable. Plants also enjoy composted soil, for it is an excellent place for them to grow because it better provides oxygen and moisture compared to regular soil. Other sustainable benefits include improved pH levels, reduced erosions, and introduction of vital microorganisms (recycleworks.org)
Composting your organic waste could save your business a lot of money. In some markets, it’s free if you’re saving the waste to add to your own soil, and with the decreased volume of waste your business can cut save costs by cutting your number of trash pickups! Starting the practice is easy and existing waste receptacles can be repurposed for composting.
- Composting is the recycling of food, food waste, foliage, and non-waxed paper products.
- By adding composting services to your current trash and recycling services through SLM, we can survey the amount of compostable material in your current trash dumpsters. From there, we can add composting containers that will best fit your needs. By composting and reducing the amount of waste going to the landfill, we can decrease trash pickups or container size which will save money.
- By deciding to compost with SLM, we will reach out to every vendor in the immediate area who provides such services to ensure you receive the best possible price. We will then have them delivered and monitor the services and adjust as volume decreases or increases.
All you need to do is call 888-847-4449 to find out how.
Restaurant & Hospitality saving rebate analysis
Sustainability - Current Client
|2015 Annual Rate||$32,748.14|
|2016 Annual Rate||$22,955.06|
|Annual 12 Month Saving||$9,795.08|
- Save money by reducing waste pickups and container sizes
- All vendors are background checked, drug tested, licensed and insured
- Reduce landfill waste by re-purposing food waste in a sustainable way.
“It’s great working with SLM personnel. They eliminated all my waste problems and continued to save money.”
“SLM saved us money and frustration from the beginning”
– Restaurant Owner